Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fail



What is it about 4pm? 


4pm takes all my motivation and throws it out the window. And also, what is it about grocery stores? Really. Before you know it you've bought two dozen donut holes and a bag of deep-fried jalepeno poppers, then you're home shortly after and have justified eating all of it. I wish that was just an example, but that's what actually happened yesterday. In fairness, I ate about a dozen and my boy ate the rest. 


...See what a good example I am to him?


SNACKY. Why do I have to feel so snacky all day? And why are the afternoons so brutal? I can hold off and do fairly well all day - and then late afternoon hits and I turn into the human equivalent to a wood-chipper, just shredding through the food and the fat and the calories.

I went over my calories yesterday and so, in regular fashion, I didn't track any foods from 4pm on - and that helped me justify my poor eating habits. "I already ruined my diet today, so I might as well eat what I want." Why do I do this? Do I not realize in the food-frenzy of the moment how absolutely stupid that line of thought is?

And so, I resolve to TRACK. When I track I'm more mindful. So yes, even if I go over by a dozen donut holes - I will freaking TRACK it, then feel gross and be determined not to EVER have a dozen donut holes in one sitting again. Everything in moderation - that's my new motto.

So here comes day 2 of the new me - and let's hope that I can keep things under control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment