Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The D Word

I've never been a particularly good diet-er. In fact I've never followed a fitness regime either. I've been petite with a high metabolism, who could fork away all the food I could dream of with little consequence. Don't get me wrong, I've never been even close to model-esque, and I've had a pudgy belly since always.

It's just that I'm slipping into my thirties now, with a slower metabolism, and that pudge has been building up and making me feel just...like a slug. I've started journaling my health and habit changes on the precipice of getting older (and maybe a bit wiser, eh?) and realizing that I have not, in so many ways, been healthy. I've been lucky - and that's about it. 

So, enter: diet. And I hate, and I mean hate, dieting. Of course, I've never given it an honest shot, either. So here's my plan: nothing funky, no crazy deadlines or requirements, but just honest, healthy, low-calorie and fat and (cries) sugar diet. I will track my calories on www.everydayhealth.com because that keeps me mindful and accountable and I will give my very best effort to stay beneath my calorie limit. 

For week one, I will stay (as best I can) at around 1000 calories. At the end of that week, I will allow myself the daily recommended calories for my size, which is around 1300. My goal is to be open to habit change, and determined to do my best. Around week two I will up my exercise as well.

In short, this is going to stink. Lol.
So I better make the payoff amazing, right?
Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment