Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sick Day

Nothing to make your motivation to exercise and diet go down the toilet like being sick. I guess on the upside, I had very little appetite. Lol. What am I saying? I have been so sick that it in no way made up for loss of appetite. Anyway, I'm on the mend again and ready to maybe stretch out my post-bronchitis lungs with a bit of light cardio tomorrow. I've hovered around the same weight as before, give or take, with ten more pounds to go until I reach my goal.

While I was sick, though, I really enjoyed my hot cups of honey-lemon to soothe my throat and acquired blues-singer bass voice. I'm a lucky girl, too, because my awesome grandpa harvests organic clover honey and keeps me in stock. Anyway, I digress... I knew that drinking honey-lemon was not only yummy and made my aching throat feel better, but I had no clue that honey could be used as an energy-booster, as an immune-builder, or as a treatment for sleeplessness, among other things.

Benefits of Honey
Katrina's Kitchen

I resolve to use more honey!

HONEY-LEMON "TEA":
For those of you who haven't tried honey-lemon tea as a cold remedy, I'd insist you do. It's natural and really helps soothe sore throats and coughs. I have no magic recipe, I just get some water singing in my teapot, then pour a mug half-full of hot water. I drip in about 1T lemon juice, give or take, and a spoonful of honey, taste, and adjust the sweetness-to-tart ratio to my personal liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment