Friday, February 10, 2012

Don't Just Sit There!

.

One of the biggest changes I've made in the past few weeks is that I rarely remain in one spot for too long. Even at the computer, which is the spot that I probably frequent the most in a single day, I'm contracting and sucking in my abs, keeping them somewhat engaged as much as I can. It's funny how looking at a single motivating picture can make you suck that jiggle in without even really thinking about it.

I've thought a lot about my past habits and about constantly making the choice to be lazy. Because, yes, it's a choice. And I'm not talking about lounging on the couch and eating bonbons all day, because most of us have a more hectic routine than that. What I am talking about is using free time better.

For example: If I know that I have a few minutes at any time during the day, the least I can do is crank out a nice set of jumping jacks or mountain climbers. Or, if I am just watching a movie at the end of the day once the kiddos are asleep I will go down on the floor and stretch or do some sit-ups (which is really quite enjoyable because you have something to keep your mind interested in).

So, I challenge you: Don't just sit there! There are plenty of at-home exercises to get you looking fabulous. No more excuses, no more procrastination. It's time to make those healthy changes and get fit!

At home workouts:
Lets you choose exercises based on what part of the body you want to work on.
Home workout routines
Can't make it to the gym? Three ways to sweat it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment